To check the security of your connection, you can check the URL line of your browser; if the connection is secure the site address will read 'https'. Alternatively, check the bottom of your browser window after accessing the server - if you see a closed lock or unbroken key, SSL is active.
- 13.1 Collection and use of Personal Information
- 13.1.1 At times The Pet Shop Taupo, as a part of providing products and services may collect personal information. Examples of this information include contact and delivery details, purchase history and credit card details.
- 13.1.2 All information collected through normal business dealings will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to any other party without written consent of the owner except where such disclosure is required to complete the transaction entered into by the Customer.
The information collected will only be used to; - complete the transaction entered into by the customer
- 13.2 Security of Information
The Pet Shop Taupo takes all reasonable care to ensure that any personal information remains confidential.
- 13.3 Customer Consent
Customers who do not wish to have any personal information collected by The Pet Shop Taupo used for any other purpose other than that required to complete the transaction may indicate this wish at the time of purchase, by correspondence or by contact with an appropriately authorised representative of the company.
- 13.4 Access to Personal Information
The Customer is aware that under the Privacy Act 1993 they have access to personal information related to themselves held by The Pet Shop Taupo and to request correction to the information and to be informed of action taken response to any such request. In addition they may request that there be attached to the information a statement which the customer can supply relating to the fact that the customer has requested a correction. The customer agrees to pay reasonable charges requested by The Pet Shop Taupo in relation to time and attendances involved in complying with the Customer's request in this regard.
- 13.5 Cookies
- 13.5.2 We use the technical information we collect to have a better understanding of the way people use our website, to improve the way it works and to personalise it to be more relevant and useful to your particular needs. We may also use this information to assist in making any advertising we display on the website more personalised and applicable to your interests.
more information see terms and conditions